Conclusion On Computer shutting down - Shutting down computer properly is an important issue.If power goes out while turning off a system then it can result in some hardware problems including loss of data and file corruption.
I am using desktop having Windows installed in it but many times my household power goes out,while I am working on my system. Due to this my whole system turns down without shutting off.What are the adverse effects of this on my hardware and software ? What do you suggest me ?
Computer is shutting down
- Windows always keeps the files in RAM memory but before shutting down a system these files must be written to a hard disk.But if system shuts down while Windows is writing files on disk then this leads to a risk of losing some data and corrupting files.
- If your system is not properly shut down then it can be possible that it will not boot next time you start it.
- If you are not removing USB flash drive safely then this will going to damage your harware particular ly USB slot will show some problem.
- Hardware damage occurs not often but common errors are data related errors.
Computer power out
Power simply goes out not only in your computer but also in your daily household.This is due to some short circuit or connection cutted off with a switch.Following things happen if there is some problem in your power lines –
- Power Blink – It happens when power grid re-routed our power supply through some different circuits as supply line has broken.
- Power Brown out – It happens when power lines short and it falls on trees & other road structures.
- Power Surge – It takes place when power lines shorted and fall on electrical equipment.Surge increases the voltage level above normal 120 volts.
- After any of these cases power may simply goes out.It may brown out or surge takes place leavin darkness behind.
Laptop power problems
There are various power problems that can affect your laptop –
- Short circuit due to electrical or physical damage is the most common problem.Short circuit simply takes away all your computer power causing it unable to turn on.
- Spilled liquid inside or outside laptop can cause serious damage.Some of the problems are -
- Short circuit can take place due to wet liquid.
- Short circuit can again trouble you due to evaporated liquid has left some dry residue.
- Corrosion due to liquid soda like coke etc.
- Damaged electrical components due to short circuits.
- May be possible that your laptop or notebook fan is suffering from the problem of overheated CPU.
- May be possible the fan is damaged.
- May be you are blocking the air flow outside the notebook or laptop.
- Some problem in a laptop battery can also bring the power down.
Laptop power off
Laptop power off problems can be fixed easily if some points are kept in mind.Few quick troubleshooting tips are –
- Open the laptop and check out the two fans.The one at the centre – CPU fan while other at the right side – for the bottom cooling.Any obstruction in cooling should be removed.
- Clean the fan properly by removing dust particles from all the sides.
- Try to remove everything that causes a short circuit.Remove HDD, floppy drives, DVD/CD drives, PCI cards, mini PCI cards and battery.Now, check if the system turns on nicely.
- When the liquid spills first of all immediately turn off your laptop,then turn it upside down so that liquid goes inside.Keep it overnight for drying.
- To remove the dried liquid residue,remove battery power and clean all components that contain this dried waste possibly with distilled water.
- Last but not the least UPS are huge batteries to provide backup power if primary source of supply fails totally.One ill effect is that they require power conditioning that will prevent brown outs and power surges.
Incoming search terms:
- computer shutting down