Conclusion On Compare webmail - There are lot of reason available with which we can conclude that the webmail service are more better then downloading emails on POP3 account over Dial up connection.
I am using outlook as my default email program and windows live hotmail as my default email provider. When ever i try to download emails from my windows live hotmail account to my email program (outlook), It take a lot of time. I am using dial up connection to access internet from my computer. Is it the connection problem? Because when i used webmail to view the particular email i know the email is very large but it can be very easy ti view on web based interface of windows live hotmail, But on outlook it take a lot of time.
Yes may be sometimes dial up connection not in a position to open an email which you want to see. But it totally depend on the type of email which you want to read, If the size of the email has been much bigger then webmail service is far far better as compare to the POP3 services on dial up connections.
With Dial up connection you can’t be able to get a higher speed as you got in DSL or any other broadband connection but the connectivity of dial up in the world has been much higher then the broadband connection, broadband connection not been available to the every part of the world so if the broadband connection is not avilable then user need to use dial up connection and internet user compromize with the high speed. dial up has has speed of 2% approximate as compare to the broadband speed.
If you are managing email account on web based interface of email provider like windows live hotmail, yahoo mail, gmail with dial up connection then you need to follow the guideline for getting better response on email.
- Download only those email who doesn’t have any email attachments.
- Save your sent email on your “Save sent items” folder so you can send the email in future if you require then you don’t need to use the bandwidth of dial up connection to download any images or docments which you have inserted on the email.
- Delete spam, scam emails before they have been downloaded on your email. This can be done by span filter or blocking of an email address who send you spam, scam emails.
- Don’t enable view pictures on email option.
With following some of the guidelines you can easily manage your email program of pop3 with dial up connections.
But what if the email recipient want to read your all messages may be your message include some important thing which can be useful to the recipients then those above given options can’t be useful for you because attachments are important as far as documentation concern. So webmail interface can be use with the above given option to get better service on email. But when you manage your email account on email program like outlook or thunderbird then you can follow the given below guideline to get better speed on email program with dial up connection.
- Reduce the quantity of pictures and images on your email.
- Reduce the size of the picture or image which you have included on your email.
- Don’t use email attachments option if you are using your email account with email program on POP3.
- If the size of the attachments are much bigger like in MB then it is better to upload the attachments on any file uploading website and send only the link of the attachment on your email.
- Use Plain text format then html or rich text format. It will give you fast result on dial up connection.
Those are some of the options available if you are using your email acount pop3 with email program on dial up connection.