Conclusion On Web based email - Web based and desktop email program both have different types pros and cons while managing your email account on those email programs, The email program be better for you depend on your need.
I am using windows live hotmail as my default email account but i know there are other alternatives too with i can get more benefits but i am a bit confused about what email service i need to use for my business because i have heard that for business free email provider service is a bad idea. I want to know the the Advantages and Disadvantages of web based email over desktop email program. also if possible then tell me what service is good is it web based email service or emails with domain name.
Web based email
Now First we will look up some of the advantages which web based email have over desktop and domain name email program.
Advantages of web based email over desktop and domain name email program
- First and the most attractive advantage of web based email over desktop and domain name email program is the free availability of the web based email service. User can use the email address for free on most of the web based email provider.
- Embedding various services of the email provider on one single account is the other advantage of web based email service. In this you can use single account for various services provided by the particular email provider.
- With web based email service you don’t need to install anything on your computer to use their service.
- Web based email service easily be accessible by any of the desktop email program like outlook and thunderbird.
Those are some of the advantages of web based email service over the desktop and domain name email program.
Now we will take look on the drawbacks of web based email service over the desktop and domain name email program.
Drawbacks of web based email service over the desktop and domain name email program
- Interface of web based has been set up by the web based email provider so you can’t be able to change the interface manually as you want.
- You need an internet connection every time when you you want to access to the email account from web based interface.
- Speed of using your email account on web based interface totally depend on your internet speed, if the internet speed is slow your email account will run slow.
- If you delete or remove any email from your email account there is no way to recover the particular email.
- The limit of storing your email on web server is not as large as in ISP emails or in domain name email account.
Now we will take a look on some of the advantages of desktop email programs.
Pros Of desktop email programs
- You don’t need an internet connection when ever yuo want to view you emails. Because once you have downloaded the emails on your desktop email program like outlook you will access your emails without internet connection.
- You can change the interface of your email account as you want there various addons and extensions available to change your email program interface.
- There are various management settings available on desktop email program so you can manage your email account very easily.
- You can use any email account with desktop email program.
Cons Of desktop email programs
- You can’t send or receive emails if the internet connection is not available.
- With your computer infected by virus then it is possible that your desktop email program also be infected by virus.
- Limit of storing your emails depend on the limit of your hard drive.
Those are some of the pros and cons of desktop email programs.
Incoming search terms:
- advantages and disadvantages of web-based software
- disadvantages of web based email