Conclusion On Address book entry- There are lots of rumours which depicts that if you add invalid or bogus entries to your email account address book then you can stop virus from emailing.
I have heard somewhere that it can be possible that if you enter first email address which is bogus and invalid then no worm, virus or spyware infect your emails which you are sending to email recipients. The reason given for this is that when you send email to first address which is bogus or invalid then the email can not be delivered successfully to the first email recipient. So those virus programmed for not to infect those emails which can not be send to the email recipients successfully. Is there any possibility that this can be happen.
Address book entry
May be some people think that it can run but as far as I suggest to you It is rumor. when you set up an address book with first email address as a invalid or bogus email address then might be your mail
not send to the other email address too. And this is harmful for you because at
time you thought if you use first email address invalid. worm or virus may not infect the other email address but here what happen is your email address may not be able to deliver itself to other email address.
Here are some of the reason because I think that the suggestion to use first email address as invalid or bogus email address may not work in your way and stop virus to send to other email recipients.
- Virus are not programmed to use itself as according to the email address has been inserted to the “To:” Email field.
- Virus will not work according to the alphabetical way with respect to the email address.
- If Any error occurs while sending an email to the email recipients then it is not possible to stop the virus to harm your email.
So as far as I concern that you don’t have to follow the thinking that if you make any bogus or invalid email address as first email address on your contact list address book.
Here are some of the options which you need to use in place of inserting an bogus or invalid email address at the first place of your contact list address book.
- Always make sure that you have enabled your firewall while you connect to internet.
- Make sure you have updated your anti virus, anti malware, anti spyware software regularly.
- Keep your all softwares (like email program, email servers, ETC) related to email management up to date.
- Don’t ever open any attachments which came from the stranger email address.
- Don’t respond to the emails which came from the untrusted websites.
Those are the option available for you to keep your email address and emails secure from the virus, malware, worm, spyware.