Conclusion On Mail Headers - Sometimes you need some information from internet mail header of your received mail on outlook, Here i am going to tell you how you can view your mail header in outlook 2007.
I want to view mail header of outlook because i need some information regarding to internal process of sending email, how i can do this in simple steps? I have some idea about outlook express but i can’t find the internet mail header in outlook 2003 and outlook 2007.
There are almost all email clients save important information regarding to the email wheather it is sent or received by the specific email account. “Mail header” is one of the example which email clients like outlook saved for future use if email account holder want to use.
Here are some of the reason because we need to view “mail header” in outlook.
- Mail header gives the information of IP address from which the email is sent.
- Mail header also gives you the information of IP address on which the mail has been received.
- From Mail header you can know the delivery report wheather the mail has been sent successful or fail.
- Mail header tells to which IP address this mail is sent.
Let’s take a look how mail header look like, Here is th example of mail header in outlook -
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTA7YT0wO0Q9MTtTQ0w9Mw== X-Message-Status: n:0 X-SID-PRA: firstname.lastname@example.org X-SID-Result: SoftFail X-AUTH-Result: FAIL X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jHl+ZEdBQD/8EdMoxcWJ7CheSL5EtLq/yioaWLCFj9/pYRvaENE2Z2qw4Y+g0/8rUeovrtqdIvP2QY8gusxP0nR Received: from srv.monsterhost1.com ([220.127.116.11]) by snt0-mc4-f48.Snt0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:40:55 -0800 Received: (qmail 11537 invoked by uid 48); 18 Feb 2010 13:40:55 -0600 Date: 18 Feb 2010 13:40:55 -0600 Message-ID: <email@example.com> To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Points earned at BetterNetworker.com X-PHP-Script: www.betternetworker.com/index.php for 18.104.22.168 Errors-To: email@example.com From: BetterNetworker.com < firstname.lastname@example.org > Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="54b825a1c852e0d5c737523bde72ab10" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8Bit X-Mailer: Drupal Sender: email@example.com Reply-To: BetterNetworker.com < firstname.lastname@example.org > Return-Path: email@example.com X-OriginalArrivalTime: 18 Feb 2010 19:40:55.0543 (UTC) FILETIME=[4973D870:01CAB0D2]
Step by step process to view full mail headers in Outlook
- Go to Specific mail folder and right click on the mail.
- Select the “Message Options”.
- When you selct message option a new pop up window will open.
- You will see the “internet headers” in the below part on the pop up window.
That is how you can view the internet mail headers on the outlook.