Conclusion On LAN Email - You can send email from one computer to another with local network easlily but sending it without accessing the internet is a bit tough or can say tough more than expected.
It is possible to send an email from one conputer to another using local area network (LAN) even without accessing the internet connection, but for this you have to do some tricky work.
Here are some specification of both the computer on with we want to send email from one to another.
- Both computer having different Name.
- Both computer don’t have any internet connection provided by any ISP.
- One computer having outlook and another computer having outlook express as email client for sending and recieving an email messages.
There are some limitation with regarding to sending emails on local area network without internet accessibility. here now i am trying to explain you why this thing is a bit tough.
- One approach is for sending emails from one machine to another with “SMTP” which is simple mail transfer protocol, in this approach your email client send mail with smtp and it goes to nearest web server and search for the destination server and then from this web server is going to transfer your email to the another nearest web server. That is how you send an email to another computer.
- Sending and receiving emails are also be done using IMAP ans POP3 Protocol in these protocol the approach is simple they find the shortest path over the internet and and send your email to the appropriate destination.
As you can know now When you want to transfer email from one computer to another you need internet connection with which you can interact with SMTP, IMAP, POP3 protocol to send email to various web mail servers.
But what if you have any internet connection and want to send email or receive emails via local arean network?
This can be done with installing mail servers for local area network. For windows there are some mails servers available same availablity for linux to you can send or receive email on one computer to another with mail servers on local area network.