Conclusion On Trace Email Sender - You can trace an email and get some information which is useful, like from where mail is came I will tell how to do this.
There are lots of debates on tracing of an email which came to mail account, certainly some email provider provide the information and some didn’t provide it.
Trace Email Sender
I have learn this tracing a bit when I was in college and learning network security. If we want to trace an email and want to know from where this email came from then “Internet Header” plays an vital role for it. Internet header collects all the informatrion of sender, time to live, source and the destination address. And lots of information some of them I am describing you here.
Information used to trace the email address
- Arrival Time -This is the time at which the specific message came into recipients email address.
- Content Type -This information tell about the type of content email having wheather it is text, html or something else.
- Mime Version - Mime is the Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions and it is used for representing encoded attachments.
- Date -It is usd to store the date at which the particular email is sent to recipient.
- Subject -This feild shows the subject of the email which is filled by the sender at the time of sending mail.
- Bcc -This feild doen’t have to do anything with tracing but this feild used by sender to send email to more than one Recipients.
- To -This feild shows the email address of the recipient.
- From -This feild shows the email address of sender.
- Sender -Gives the information of the email sender.
- Originating Email -This feild gives you the email address of the email sender.
- Originating IP -This feild gives you the information of the IP address from which the email actually sent.
- Received -This feild provide the information where the specific email address has been recieved by email provider. and the specific date at which it is recieved.
- Deliver To -This feild provide the information on which the email has been delivered.
- Return Path -Return Path gives you the information of the email address at which if the email doesn’t delivered mail will came on return path mail address.
Those are all important point which you have to notice when you are tracing an email address and want to know from where a specific email address came from.