Conclusion on Same email address - If you have any domain name and the email address is associated with the domain then it is easy to change provider, But if you don’t have any particular domain name then it is bit difficult to change the provider.
I have an email address with my domain name but as i am not a webmaster or web developer i am totally lie on my webmaster to use the specific email address, I just read and send emails from this email address. But now i want to change the email provider because i am not happy with service they provided to me. It is possible anyways that i can change my mail provider? Or if yes then how i can do this? i want to keep the email address same as i owned just i want to change my mail provider.
Same email address
There are certain points which you have to notice if you want to change your email provider.
- You need a same email address as you have right now.
- Is it possible that i can create an email account with the same email address name on free email providers like yahoo mail or windows live hotmail.
- Can i get same services on my email account as i am getting on the previous email provider?
- Can i have my own website with name same name as my email address is?
As suppose your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Then surely the name Ansh is the user name of email address and the yahootips.com is the domain name which you have owned that is how the email address has been taken by the email holder. It depicts one more thing that the specific email address name never can be taken by any other person till then you are the owner of it.
Arbitrary email address has been taken by the website owner commonly at the time they purchase a domain name
Or from the same website hosting provider from where they register the website or running a website. So that is how email address has been taken by the website owner.
Now, when you try to change th mail provider which obviously the same on which you host you website or you have register your website.
There are some issue which effect to change the or keep your email address if you change your mail provider.
- DNS (Domain Name System)
- Email service associated with email address
DNS (Domain Name System)
With help of DNS the email provider know at which domain name the email address belongs
and to which IP address they have to provide service of email.
DNS also responsible to get the information of the associated mail server with the email address and the address of the mail server from which the email have to send or receive.
Email service associated with email address
It is not possible that you will get every service on every email providers they varies from providers to providers. There are some services associated with the email provider which is common and you will get those services on every provider.
You can access your email address anywhere from the world. You wil be able to send email to any recipient of the email provider. Saving of emails, spam filters those are commons services which you get on every email provider.
What We can do if we want to change the mail provider
- If you don’t have still domain name then register for the domain name and create the email address as you have.
- Keep the same email provider with the same email address and change the email provider and buy another email account. Forward your emails on to the newly created email address from the previous email address.
Those are some options for you if you need to keep your email address and as well as
you want to change the mail provider.
Incoming search terms:
- change email but keep same address
- how to keep same email address
- if i change from hotmail to gmail can I keep my same email address?