Conclusion on Setup email client - If you are using windows 7, vista or windows xp in your system you can set up or change your default email programs, Here i am showing you how you can do this in simple steps.
I have windows xp and windows 7 installed as my operating system and i want to make outlook and as my default email client for both the systems, how i can do this? And if yes then from where i can change or set up the default email programs in windows xp and windows 7?
Setup email client
Setting up default programs varies in steps from different operating system to different system. Choice
of a default program can take place when you have installed more than one programs for a single application, bit it is also possible that you have to choose default program because the specific program don’t have start up by default for those type of application.
There are various email clients used for email programs and here are some of them.
- Outlook by microsoft
- Outlook express by microsoft
- Thunderbird by mozilla
Outlook and outlook express both the email client provided by microsoft at which outlook installed with the microsoft office. and outlook express is a extention used with Internet explorer.
Thunderbird by mozilla is a email client used to manage your email accounts on your computer and it is a free software.
Those three email clients almost work as similar with eachother, you can choose any of them as your default email program.
set up email client as default email program in windows xp
- Press the “start” button which is on the left bottom side.
- Then select the “Set Program Access and Defaults” option from the given various options.
- If you are not been able to find the given option in your computer then go to “Control panel” and select the “Add/Remove Programs” option.
- And there you can see the “choose the default email program”
- And select the email program you want as your default email program.
That is how you can set up default email programs on windows xp.
set up email client as default email program in windows 7 or vista
- Press the windows Icon which is on the left bottom side in windows 7 or vista.
- Then select the “Default Programs” from the given menu options.
That is how you can set up default email programs on windows 7 or in windows vista.