Conclusion on Outlook express folder - You can move outlook express folders from one computer to another but it need process which complete step by step, where we need to perform some process on copy, move, address book information and other events on outlook express.
I have brought one laptop and now i want to move my emails and folders of outlook express to the new laptop from my old desktop computer. Can you tell me how i can move those folders on my laptop?
Outlook express folder
As we do always when we want to transfer some files of one computer to another .we simply copy or move it to one computer to another, same thing we need to do with the folders of outlook express. We need to copy each and every folder of outlook express to the other computer one by one. When we finish with it after that we will copy the whole address book of outlook express to the other computer on the other outlook express.
Here now i am showing you how we can move folders of outlook express from one computer or laptop to the another computer or laptop.
The simple steps to do this to locate the store folder of old computer which can be viewed by the following the steps as given below.
- Goto the “Tools” option under the main menu of outlook express.
- And now goto the “Option” tab in tools menu.
- Now in the option menu tab select the “Maintenance” tab.
- Now select the “Stored Folder” button and locate the directory where the outlook folders have been in your hard disk.
- Now goto the folders manually and copy every folder from their to the location on the share network where you want to copy those folder.
When we want to move address book of outlook express to the another computer or machine we simply perform the given steps.
- Open outlook express and press the “Ctrl+Shift+B” buttons.
- And now in the address book select the “File” menu item.
- Now select the “Export” option.
- After that select “Address Book (WAB)…” from the pop up menu.
- Which will enable you to select the specific location of the address book and as well as the file name of the address book.
- Now again you need to goto the folders manually and copy every folder from their to the location on the share network where you want to copy those folder.
That is how you can copy or move the folders and address book of outlook express from one machine or computer to another.
Now open outlook express on the new laptop or computer at which you want to import all the files and folders of outlook express, and follow the given steps..
- Select the File then Import and then Messages options.
- Now select “Microsoft Outlook Express 6″ and press the next button.
- After that select the “Import mail from an OE6 store directory” and press the next button.
- Now you need to locate the specific folder at which you have moved or copied the outlook express folders previously.
- Now press the ok button.
That is how you can copy or move outlook express folders on new laptop or computer.
When you want to move address book on new laptop or computer you need to follow the given steps.
- Open outlook express in the new laptop and then select the “File” option under the main menu of outlook express.
- Now select “Import” menu item.
- After that select the “Address Book…” option which will open a new pop up windows at which you need to give the path where you have saved the address book previously.
That is how you can move or copy the outlook express folders.