Conclusion on ISP email address - Outlook express is a email client program and isp provide you email address and internet connection.
Outlook express and my isp email address confused me some time. I want to the difference between the outlook and my isp. Is it same or have some difference? Typically outlook express can be used by any email provider is it true? And what if i want to use an email address provided by my isp like web based email service.
ISP email address
There are lots and lots of consfusion occurs at the time when we think about
email clients, email providers, ISP, email features and because of the confusion
we messed up those all services into one where they are totally different from each other.
Email address basically can be categorized into two categories.
- Web based email address
- ISP provided email address
If we concern about the concept of accessing any email address, it can be define by the help of the specific protocol used to access the email address. And because of this it can categorized into three main categories.
- POP3 emails It is the basic category for accessing your email account with the help of post office protocol. Mainly in this category the email account accessed on email clients such as outlook express, Thunderbird.
- IMAP emails When you access the email account on IMAP it will open a part of email instead of opening it full, All the changes and the updates on email can be made with downloading the specific part of email into your machine.
- Web based emails This is the accessing technique which is very popular and used by most of the email account owner, In this category email account owner access the email address on email provider’s provided web interface using http protocol.
It depends on the need at which we can use ISP email address or a web based email address on email programs like outlook express.
You can use web based email accounts with pop3 email clients, Windows live
hotmail support POP3 and IMAP for accessing their email address with thunderbird, and if your want to use windows live with outlook it is possible you just need to install one add on “Outlook Connector” on Microsoft Outlook.
Most of the ISP provide you POP3 And IMAP support on email account and as well as isp now provide some sort of web interface too where you can save send emails using http access.
And Now We can conclude from above discussion.
- When Someone sent you an email it will saved on the specific mail server if the recipient’s email address provided by isp then it is saved on mail server of isp. If the recipient’s email address is related to any web based email service then it will save on the mail server of web based email service.
- Outlook express is a email clients which is used to download your emails from web based email service or from isp provided email address to your machine with the help of POP3 and IMAP.
- Web based email service provide you every access on your email from which you can manipulate your email account like changing of password, insert personal information, time zone ETC.
- ISP provide you an email address which can be accessed by web based email service and from email clients as well.
- Nowadays most of the web based email service like yahoo mail, gmail, windows live hotmail can be used by their mail service and as well as from email clients like outlook or thunderbird.
You can use any service for your email wheather it is web based email service or ISP provided interface but the fact is that you can use those two email types into email clients also.