Conclusion on Getting Spam Emails - Rarely if you see your email address on to email which you received from someone else then it can be possible that it is a spam email and spammer using some technique like spoofing to send those type of emails.
I had an email last night at which i got shocked with one thing that the particular email address has been sent by my email address. Like in the “From:” field the email address address written much like Email_sender_name < my_email_address@email_domain.com > How could anyone can send emails from my email address? One thing is common on those emails at which i saw my email address as a sender that those email are related to drugs, pharmacy, Expensive products, some type of automobile services. Can you tell me what i can do if i saw any email which i didn’t sent but still my email address is written on the “From:” field.
Getting Spam Emails
This one of the technique used by spammers to send spam email with the email address in the “From:” field as same as the email address where you have received an email.
There is nothing much you can do with email sender address about this because in field of email sender you have got your own email address.
Sometimes email user think that the mail may be by mistake of email provider came to you and they just delete the mail, without making to complaint about this email, but email user forgot that may be like you have got this type of email so it is possible that thousands of email user get the same email with the “From:” field at which the particular same email address is written as it is written to the your email. And then might you will be blamed by lots of email account owner to send spam email.
This type of email sendng technique at which you see your email address in the field of “From:” called Email spoofing
Here are two major reason responsible because you have got email like this into your email account.
- Spammer try to spam with this technique because you can’t block the email address of your, so they can send you spam emails whenever they want.
- May be spammers sent the specific email to thousand or million of email address and if some email address are not able to receive the email then email provider of the particular email account generate the bounced email which delivered to your email account because in the “From:” field the email address is yours.
So now if we can’t do about much with email sender email account, there are various other ways to from which we can get the information of the actual email sender.
Use any email client like thunderbird or outlook where you can see “Email header” of the particular email. With email header you can get lots of information regarding to the email sender.
- You can IP address, which can tell the location from where the email sender sending such type of emails.
- You can get the version of operating system which used by spammers to send email.
- You can get the name of computer so you can know the real spammer by name sometiomes.
- You will be able to know at what exact time email has been sent because in email header you can get delayed time to receive an email too.
With the help of those information we can know about email sender and take actions against the particular email sender. And i suggest to run good spam filter on your email client like thunderbird or outlook and always enable your spam guard from the web interface of email account.
Incoming search terms:
- why am i getting spam from my yahoo email