Conclusion On Can Not Send Email - If you are trying to send email from your friend’s computer and you are using your own lan connection then you need to configure the computer for sending successful mail else you can not do it.
Some time ago my friend come to my home from his city for some professional work, he want to send email with using my lan connection. I don’t have any problem on this but it seems that his computer and my lan having some problem to communicate with each other.
Can Not Send Email
There are two issue which i have configure while we are trying to solve the particular connection problem between my lan (Local area Network) and his computer. Here now i Am telling you what were thise issues are.
- There first issue was regarding to the outlook or outlook express, or any other email client Configuration for sending email.
- And the second issue is regarding to the ISP of my friend’s internet connection.
Those both the issues can be solved very easily, but because we got the problem first time that is why it took our 4 hours to solve it.
Here First we will configure the email client configuration to send email from lan. I am using outlook express here but the setting nearly same for all the email clients.
Configuration for email client to send email on lan
- Go to “Tools” And after that select the “Options” tab.
- Now under the options tab select “connection” tab.
- Select an “Internet Connection Settings” button.
- Now select the “Never Dial a Connection” option.
That is the setting which you have to do for your email client to connect with new lan connection.
Now we need to configure the email client for different ISP setting. Here i am using outlook express for example but the process nearly same for all email clients.
configure the email client for different ISP
- Go to “Tools” And after that select the “Accounts” tab.
- Now select your email account and go to “Properties” option.
- Now go to “Server” tab.
- Now select “OUtgoing Mail Server” tab. and make sure the that “My server requires authentication” is checked.
- If “My server requires authentication” is not checked then checked it.
That is how you can send email with different computer from same lan as you are working.