Conclusion On Report Spam - Report Spam or Junk button is the important options provided by email provider to the email users for protecting their email address against the spammers and scammers, however it is make a bit harm if you used it not properly.
I was at my work and viewing my emails and using Report Spam or Junk button for some email, one of my co-worker watching this carefully and he told me that this is not proper way to use those button. Is there any other ways to use the specific button which i told you.
And when i think what I am doing wrong I got the issue if I used those Report Spam or Junk button like this then it is possible that i will no longer be able to get the email from the specific mails, And some of those email address is very important for me too to which i am hitting Report Spam or Junk button.
Here are some of the terminology made by main email providers to define which email is spam and which email is not a spam.
- “Junk” option used by windows live hotmail to know the specific email is a spam and most of the time the email is sent in to the junk folder on windows live hotmail.
- “Spam” option used by yahoo mail to know the specific email is a spam.
- “Report Spam” option is the terminology used in gmail which is a email providing service by google.
That is how email providers define the email wheather it is spam or normal email. Email provider takes some actions also against the email address which send you the specific email.
Now we look about what actions email provider takes if they got an spam email even i can say what action they made if you hit the “Report Spam or junk button” on your email account.
- If you are using windows live hotmail then if you specify the particular email address has sending you spam email then for some time they sent emails from specific email address on to the junk folder, and if the email sender still sent you email then hotmail just ignore their all email for receiving it to your email address.
- If you are using yahoo mail for email, i want to tell you yahoo is more secure for email user because if you use those “Report Spam” button on yahoo than it is harmful for email sender because ir arise the flags on yahoo mail server that the specific email sender sending email which is spam. And still if the email sender send email to your yahoo account then yahoo mail provider discard the email from yahoo mail server and all the yahoo user never get emails from the specific spam email sender.
- In your gmail account you got an email which you think as a spam then use “spam” button on your gmail and the problem solved you will never get an email again in your gmail account.