Conclusion on Http Hotmail - By default http prefix is selected instead of https in windows live hotmail. You need to change it Manually.
You can see whenever you go to live hotmail homepage for accessing your live account there is http prefix than the https. Where else in gmail and yahoo provide the https prefix than the http. This is the question asked by a lot of technical person that hotmail is not as much as safe as gmail and yahoo. And some where they all are right because we all know that http is not safe as compare to the https prefix.
Hotmail Http Hotmail
Here are some reason why hotmail choose http by default instead of https -
- They choose it because at the time of hotmail provider, only http prefix is used.
- At the time they use http email service, It was not attacked by hackers.
Those are some of the reasons Why windows live hotmail service provider select http over the https.
Steps To get https prefix in windows live hotmail -
- Go to the homepage of windows live hotmail there you can see that hotmail use http prefix.
- At the homepage you can see the option “Use enhanced security” Select this option and change this option to “Use standard security”.
- When you change this option you can see the prefix is changed in to https.
Those are the steps to change the prefix of windows live hotmail homepage from http to https.