Conclusion On Audio CD format - Audio CDs are the prime physical storage medium used for storing uncompressed audio data.
Whenever I used to play audio CD files downloaded from an internet, it works elegantly. But as I tried playing these files on my car’s stereo player, it simply does’nt work.What are the ways by which I can convert audio files to mp3 file format ?
CD format audio
- Audio CDs are the optical disks used disks used for storing digital and uncompressed data.
- These can hold upto 80 minutes of data which is of 700 Megabytes.
- Recordable audio CDs are designed to be used by the users in their players.
- Audio format has been created by 2 companies – Sony and Philips.
- The logical format for audio CDs are presented by Sony and Philips in a document called Red Book.
Types of audio CD formats
There are following types of file extension used in various audio files –
- .amr – Adaptive Multi-Rate Codec File
- .dct – Dictation Audio File
- .flac – Free Lossless Audio Codec File
- .mp3 – MP3 Audio File
- .raw – Raw Audio Data
- .wav – WAVE Audio File
- .wma – Windows Media Audio
Audio cd files
There are few other audio file types with which you should be familiar if you are downloading audio files from the internet.Some of them are given below –
- Musical Instrument Digital Interface (.midi) – These are used for computer keyboards and other musical tools.MIDI files are used in musical notes and rythm notation.
- Audio Interchange File (.aif, .aifc or .aiff.) – These are used in Macintosh systems in audio files.
- Sun Audio (.au) – These are developed by Sun Micro systems to be used in unix systems.
- Emblaze Audio (.ea) – This format is used with JAVA-applet to play .ea sound files and music in online greeting cards.
How to convert MP3 to CD
- Mp3 audio files which you downloaded from the internet must be converted to an uncompressed file.
- Mp3 files are compressed upto 1/10th of the original file called .wav file.
- After this uncompression phase of MP3 files, these audio files can be easily played in almost any kind of audio players like the one in your car.
- MP3 files are actually converted into 16-bit 44.1kHz wav file.
- The software used for converting MP3 – to – wav file is known as Decoder.
- One such kind of software is Dart CD Recorder 4.1.This is the most prevalent MP3-to-Wav Decoder used eveywhere.