Conclusion On Cheap printer catridges - Ink Catridges are the ink tanks used in inkjet printers containing print head and few chips for communication.
I have been using Canon printer since a year.The printer type is inkjet.I want to know that do original ink catridges that come along with a new printer have same amount of ink as replacement ink catridges ? What are recycled ink catridges ?
Cheap inkjet cartridges
- Printers from HP, Lexmark and Dell have printhead attached to cartridges while Epson and Canon printer cartridges contains only ink and no printhead.
- The price of any inkjet catridge is usually affected by placement of printhead.If it is placed inside the catridge then catridge cost will simply go up because we are adding in the manufacturing phase since electronic components and wires need to be added.
- Separate containers exist for black ink and colored ink.In some versions, Cyan,Magenta and Yellow ink are all encased in same catridge.
- Except these 4 colors – Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow other color combinations can be made during printing phase.
Refilling inkjet cartridges
- You can also choose to refill your ink catridges by using ink refill kit.Refill kit come along with a catridge holder, ink bottles and needles.
- Ink refill kit are the set of tools to refill your empty ink catridges.The amount and type of ink depends on the fact that for which catridge, the kit has been designed.
- Some components in the kit like catridge holder and needles are optional while some are mandatory components.
- Some kits come along with – black ink bottles for black refill kits and one bottle each of Cyan, Magenta and Yellow for color refill kits.
- Refill process consists of following -
- Injecting ink – In this phase ink is directly injected from a bottle having needle tip on the hole at the top of a catridge.
- Installing/running – Once the catridge is filled completely, it can be reinstalled in the printer.
- Print-head cleaning – It can be possible that some of the ink flow is blocked due to dried ink on the catridge printhead.Clean the dried ink on print head using isopropyl alcohol.
- Advantage of using a refill kit is the cost savings since 1 kits costs $10-$20 and serves 3 refill. While its flip side is the time required in filling a catridge.
Cheap inkjet printer cartridge
There are 2 types of inkjet catridges – Original Ink Cartridges and Compatible Ink Cartridges
- Original Ink Cartridges or OEM are produced by printer manufacturers.
- These are used when your preference is print quality and you want to print in full colors.
- Compatible Ink Cartridges are produced by third party manufacturers who refill ink in catridges.
- These are used when your printing work is with black text and graphics.
Recycle inkjet cartridges
- Recycle inkjet cartridges are also called Remanufactured Ink Cartridges because they are made from recycled materials.
- These catridges are nature friendly because they consume less and waste less energy .
- These are also cost effective.
- These are made from the used parts of empty printer catridges.
- These are refilled by the inkjet ink or toner after carefully examined and tested by the remanufacturer during remanufacturing process.