Conclusion On Good Computer - Buying a new computer is a big decision.Before making a purchase think carefully about the configuration you need to include in your system.
I am thinking of purchasing a new computer.But I don’t have any idea of waht configurations to include in my system.Which one is better desktop or laptop?How much RAM to be included?What to choose between LED,LCD or TFT display.What do you suggest?
Some of the leading suppliers & manufacturers of computer products & services are HP,Dell,Compaq & Lenovo.
Leading manufacturers in the field of computers
- HP (Hewlett Packard) is the largest American supplier of personal computing devices & networking server.
- Dell is the US based multinational IT corporation which produces computers , enterprise servers & storage devices.
- Compaq (Compatibility And Quality) is a personal computer IT corporation that produces computer products & services.
- Lenovo is the chinese based corporation that develops desktops & laptops along with IT managemant softwares & services.
Cost of a computer
Cost of a system is an important factor.You must look after some of the cost issues.
- If you belong to lower middle class then you can afford to purchase a computer in a range of $200-$350.
- If you belong to middle class then a good computer can be purchased within a range of $350-$800.
- If you belong to upper middle class then a reliable system can be choosen from the range of $800-$1200.
- If you belong to higher upper classes then you have the liberty of choosing a stylish system of your choice which comes in the range of $1200-$4000
External & internal peripheral devices like harddisk drives, memory (RAM, ROM), printer, monitor, processor serves as a core part of any computer system.All these devices must be choosen carefully.
Devices to look for while buying a computer system
- Hard disk drive is a non-volatile device for storing digital data.Data is stored in magnetic form.It comes in the capacities of gigabytes & terabytes.
- RAM (Random Access Memory) is a kind of volatile storage that comes in the form of chips.Its storage limit varies from megabytes to gigabytes.
- ROM (Read Only Memory) is a computer storage device from where loading of operating system takes place.
- Processor which is a central processing unit handles all the computing & controlling operations.
- Printer is a hardware device which is used for printing documents and images.
Various kinds of computer to look for
- Lower middle class person can opt for notebooks or desktop systems.
- Middle class persons can choose for laptops & desktop systems lying within their range.
- Upper class persons can opt for eligant looking laptops.If portibility is not an issue then desktops can also be choosen.
- Higher upper class fellows have the flexibility of choosing among the wide range of minicomputers,personal computers & mainframes.