Conclusion On Computer Fan - The purpose of the fan that you see inside your computer is to throw warm air out and keep the computer processor cool.
I have a computer which heats up a lot due to the obstruction in the air flow.Sometimes it automatically shuts down.I don’t know why all this is happening , I guess there is some problem with the fan.What are the ways by which I can make computer cool?
There are many reasons due to which computer got heated up.Some of them are using poor quality fans or damaged fans.
Reasons due to which a computer system is not properly dissipating heat are:
- Since cooling is a significant aspect of computer system , so you must use good quality fans.
- It can be also possible that the fan is damaged.In this case , replace the damaged fan with a new fan.
- First check if your processor is an AMD processor , if so , then try to keep your sytem in a cooling environment.
By using following methods the temperature inside a computer system can be decreased :
- Always keep your computer in a cooler part of your home , where humidity is less and also has a proper air flow.
- Always keep the space around and behind your computer clean.
- Make sure that there is enough space for the air , to flow at the back side of your computer.
- If dust lumps (bunch of dust particles and dirt) are present inside & outside your computer then turn off your system & unplug the cable.Wipe off the interior parts of the cabinet carefully removing all the dust lumps.
Effects of other utilities on fan:
External devices like printer , bluetooth & additional hard drives adds load to the computer which makes your fan working slower.
Some of the effects which makes fan slower are –
- Use of an additional hard disk drive shows that the system is heavily used , by which system’s fan becomes slow.
- Bluetooth device also affects the fan’s speed.
- External peripheral printer also presents load on the system which results in increase in system temperature.