Conclusion On Slow Computer - Older machines with less memory generally show worse response for antivirus regarding the speed. The problem increases when you are using some common version of windows.
I have an old computer with only 512mb RAM. I use this computer to download photos, mp3 files etc. I am unable to load any antivirus in this computer because it becom es slow after having antivirus on it. Can I get any solution of the problem?
Apart of amount of RAM, the windows version is also an important factor here. Computer becomes slow for antivirus is a common problem in older machines. But you can solve the problem for some extent in following ways-
- You should install any version apart of windows such as linux, ubentu etc. because windows version are more popular now-a-days. So malwares mostly can target windows only and don’t show any interest in other versions.
- If for some reason you can’t avoid windows version you should update your softwares as well as possible.
- You should get your machine behind the firewall specially a hardware firewall which will decrease the vulnerabilities of your computer for viruses.
- As you know well that this of your machine has no reliable security towards viruses you need not to connect other machines in the same network as the damage will alreadu have been done until you will detect the infection.
- You need to show punctuality to scan the downloads regularly for virus.
Atlast you should be alert enough to know that what you are doing. surfing and running. You need to avoid those functions and programs to run which you suspect can be infected.
In this way you can keep your older machines safe from virus. They are even too useful to keep data saved and can be utilised for the purpose of storage etc. they can be extended by their life more than you expect if you use them with appropriate strategy.
Even I have one that kind of machine which is serving me for about 10 years and working properly for data storage.