Conclusion On Burn Data - There are several ways to burn CD in windows itself. Burning data in CDs is a great way to backup data and it is an easy way to transfer files from one computer to another computer.
I am windows xp in my intel computer. I am facing much problems to save files on CDs. I am unable to burn CDs simply. Does the task need to format the CD prior to burn it? I gave preferance to zip disks previously due to their less complixicity but I want to use CDs due to the storage of data. As I know that CD has comparatively more storing space, but I am much frustated regarding data storage in CDs as I am not being allowed to create any change on CD-RW. How I can meet the task of burning data to CDs?
Actually there are no. of ways to burn data in CDs and DVDs but the problem lies on the matter that CD burning is inefficient to burn only one file at a time. You first need to collect files which have to be burnt. Once you have collected the data, you can burn it on CD.
In windows xp it is easy to burn data in CDs because it does not need any
additional software to burn CD and support itself or burining data into CD. Just
follow the steps given below in windows xp to burn data to CD.
- Open My computer by double click on it and select the drive showing your CD or DVD drive.
- Click on properties here and selsct te recording Tab.
- Make sure that Enabled CD recording is checked as well as you have selected the data under the limit of your CD storage. A CD generally has 650 MB of limit.
- Now copy the files in windows explorer. After this you will see a ppop-up window saying, ‘You have iles waiting to br written on CD’.
- Now right click on the icon of CD and select ‘Write these files to CD’.
- You will be asked for the name and label of the CD. Select this and press next to start writing files to the CD. In this way files are burnt to CDs.
Ok now I would like to say you that rewritable CDs are too available now-a-days but they need the deletion of previous data before writing new data into them. As I insert them into CD rider and open the rive in which they are located, right click on it asks for an option ‘Erase this CD-RW’. I just select that option and the previous files get deleted. Now I can easily write new data into this CD.