Conclusion On Defrag computer - It is possible to defrag your computer without having the ‘my computer’ icon on your desktop while recovering ‘My computer’ icon is simple by changing setting in desktop properties.
I need to defrag my computer but I heard that defragging computer is done through ‘My computer’ icon on desktop. My problem is that I have no ‘My computer’ icon on my desktop. I set windows xp as my operating system in my HP computer. I want to recover ‘my computer’ on my desktop. What should I do to recover ‘My computer’? Is it possible to defrag computer without ‘My computer’?
You can easily recover ‘My computer’ icon on the desktop. Actually it depends on your desire either you want to keep ‘My computer’ icon on your desktop or not. In windows xp follow the given steps to recover ‘My computer’ icon:-
- Right click on desktop.
- Now select option ‘properties’.
- Go to the desktop tab.
- Select customize desktop.
- You would see an option ‘My computer’ there along with some other options. You can enable this option to get back ‘My computer’ on your desktop.
Secondly you can also set ‘My computer’ shortcut on your desktop by clicking on start menu. Then you will see my computer on a list. You can simply open it from there by double click on it or if you want to select it as shortcut on your desktop, you need to right click on my computer and select the option ‘Show on desktop’.
An another way to get my computer is press E on your keyboard by holding down the windows key. My computer will be open up.
AS you will get ‘My computer’ option on your desktop you can go to defragment tool by right click on ‘My computer’ and select the option ‘Manage’. You will find ‘Disk defragmenter’ there.
I can tell you other ways to get disk defragmenter on your computer without using ‘My computer’. Check out the following steps:-
- Go to ‘start’ on your computer’s desktop and select the option run.. Click on it and type compmgmt.msc i.e. computer management console and press ok then. In this way you will get disk defragmenter.
- More easy is to go to start and click on run. Just type dfrg.msc there and press ok to get disk defragmenter.
So now it’s clear that how easily I can get disk defragment tool on my comoputer with or without ‘My computer’ but the most I like to do is to type ‘defrag c:’ by opening command prompt which I find in accessories menu of any program. That one I find simplest to do. It might vary for you.