Conclusion On Redundancy error - Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) Errors occur indicates the presence of any bad spot in your file and its primary symptom is that the file does not copy completely when subjected to it. Data recovery tool and disk repairing tool can possibly help to fix this problem.
I am annoyed due to cyclic redundancy check errors occuring in my computer. I noticed it when I tried to copy a file in my computer from one location to the other location but the copy did not happened completely and it’s failure cleared me that something wrong is going on in my computer. What should I do to solve this problem? How can I backup my data?
The problem lies on the file you are trying to copy as well as on the location also to which you are trying to copy the file. Thus there is a need to verify the file, verify the location, recover your file and repair your hard drive. There are some suggestions to work on whenever you experience CRC error in your computer:-
- You should ire up a command prompt window and copy the file regarding problem to ‘NUL’. If this happens successfully it does mean that there is nothing wrong with your file infact your location is causing problem where you are interested to copy the file. Here you need to copy your file into some different location or in any other machine at LAN(Local Area Network).
- If the copy of th file undergoes failure through the command prompt indow, it indicates that the problem is with your file and some bad part of your disk is being shared by the file too. Now the file is needed to be copied on any other drive or other machine in order to be available to you in a much better condition. Further it won’t be worst than it is now.
- Now you need to recover your hard disk which is you can do through a very efficient but expensive data recovery program called spinrite. It performs long and exhaustive analysis of your hard drive and cn recover the disk with it’s bad sectors without modifying the content of it.
- If you are not interested to use spinrite due to it’s expensive approach you can utilise CHKDSK utility of your computer and run it in your computer through a command prompt window. It cannot provide you with deep analysis and hard recovery of data but in some extent it is capable for disk repairing.
- now the last approach you can try to get your data again is to work on the file you saved earlier, try to recover the file on the basis of it’s location and type. Such as an Outlook PST file means to run scanpst in it can scan the files content and recover it as much as possible.
After all the possible efforts to recover the file whether the data could be recovered or not I recommend to backup all my important files immediately so that I will not face any serious data loss if it starts happening because I will have already a totally fine copy of my significant data.