Conclusion On Clean hard drive - Proper care and cleaning of hard drive can lengthen it’s life. It is easy to perform by managing data and softwares.
I am interested to lengthen my hard drive’s life by cleaning it and I want to know the ways to keep the hard drive ‘healthy’ in order to get it’s service for a long time. How can I accomplish my purpose to keep my hard drive clean? Does it worth to use scandisk, cleanup etc.?
To keep your hard drive clean and free from unnecessary materials really worths to provide a long life to hard drive but still the drive has itself some limitations where it can’t access our comfort. Bad sectors and non-recoverable errors are main among them. Let’s think on the points which include the cleaning of hard drive:-
- The drive should has enough space to contain the work what I want to do with it.
- The drive should be capable to access the data expected.
- The drive is expected not to slow down more than it need.
- The drive should be recovered for general errors.
- If the drive causes some failure or corruption in data, it might be upto the extent that I can recover it.
These factors can be possible to happen upto some extent but this is not any reason that a hard drive should undergo only that problems which we are able to recover while the errors can occur also beyond the capacity of our recovery tools and that does not leave any option before us in general except to replace the drive with the new one. This would still be beneficial to save data loss and application failures.
Although it depends on our usage and maintenance that upto what extent our hard drive can assist us while there are only a few precautions to be considered regarding the usage of hard drive and it might be with us for a considerable long time
Now we need to think over the ways how we can meet the task listed above to keep our drive in working condition for a longtime.
- Apply defragmentation tool weekly on your drive in order to make empty spaces in your drive.
- You can also get extra space in your hard drive by turning off index service. Click on ‘My computer’ select the option manage, then click on services and right click on indexing service, click on properties and press stop. Then change the startup type with manual and pres ok. This will turn off your indexing service.
- You have also an opportunity to clean your hard drive by deleting your temporary files time to time.
As an additional approach I strongly support to run CHKDSK, Spinrite etc. regularly in your computer as they are much efficient recovery tools for the security of data and drive as well. I back up my data regularly to cover the risk if I ever unexpectedly notice any kind of data loss.