Conclusion On stretched screen - The problem of stretched monitor is not an uncommon one but it creates an unwanted change in the visuals of the images. Let’s think over the causes and their solutions.
I Bought a new enlarged monitor for my computer recently and replaced the older small monitor from this new one. Everything I got is quit fine and good but what is beyond my expectation is that I am unable to visualize the things in their proper dimension. Images are looking sometime enlarged or some other time flat or fat or in other undiserable changes. What should I do to fix this undesirable and unexpected condition? Is it related to my video card?
The problem you are facing is not an uncommon one. It totally depends over the fact that you replaced your old smaller monitor from the comparatively larger one. This all is the game of ‘aspect ratio’ of your monitors resolution. If your older monitor would had 4:3 aspect ratio, as the newer is larger one perhaps it has 16:9. This creates a big difference to let your monitor get in what way it has to display the pictures. Second possible inhibitor may be the screen resolution. Might you have replaced your 1024 X 768 monitor screen from 1680 X 1050. This would cause the enhanced width of the monitor from the older one. Now what will happen is described in following three points-
- Might the monitor will show the pictures centered in the monitor as per the aspect value of the older monitor leaving space in the borders of the screen.
- The image can display anyway according to the pixel setting of the new monitor respecting the aspect ratio.
- The image can any while adjust itself towards the ne monitor without following the rules of aspect ratio.
All the above conditions give rise to the display of distorted visual of picture. You can fix the problem in the given manner-
- All you have to do in your windows xp (if you are using it)is to just right click on deskop and click on ‘properties’ then select the option ‘setting tab’ and provide your monitor a compromised setting.
- You can also set the screen resolution of your monnitor yourself according to your monitor.
- Some monitors has option ‘fill to aspect ratio’ on which you can fill your expected value and control your monitor yourself.
If I would be undergoing the same problem I might also suspect on my video card and wanted to change it if screen resolution would not give me any desired change.