Conclusion On DVD region codes - DVD Region codes are the special kind of codes that define the region somewhere in the world where DVDs can be played.If the DVD codes can be changed at all it can only be changed small number of times, after that there is no way to change it.
I belong to Britain and so when I tried to play an English DVD, its region code changed.Now, I want to play DVD from china hence want to change region code to 6.But, when I tried doing so DVD player is giving an error saying – “unable to update region code”. How can I update my region code of my DVD player? What are the possible ways to resolve this problem ?
DVD player region codes
DVD region codes is a DRM technique used by motion pictures studio to control different aspects of film release like release date, content and price of release as per different region.The whole world of DVD region system is divided into 10 regions depending upon economic strength of a particular country.For eg.USA has region code-1 as here DVDs are expensive while China has region code-6 as here DVDs are cheap.
Region codes and countries –
- Region Code 0 – Meaning worldwide.
- Region Code 1 – US, Canada and Bermuda.
- Region Code 2 – Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa
- Region Code 3 – Southeast Asia, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau
- Region Code 4 – Mexico, Central and South America, Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand
- Region Code 5 – Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Africa (except Egypt, South Africa and French overseas territories), Central and South Asia, Mongolia, North Korea
- Region Code 6 – China, Hong Kong
- Region Code 7 – Reserved for future use
- Region Code 8 – International venues such as aircraft, cruise ships, etc.
- Region Code ALL – Region ALL discs have all 8 flags set, allowing the disc to be played in anywhere on any player.
Region free DVD drive
Each player is assigned a code of a country in which it is sold.Players will deny playing certain discs if they have not been coded for specific region.In otherswords, it can be said that DVDs purchased from one country are simply not allowed to be played on players bought from some other region or country. These codes can be changed only 5 times by the discs.At present you can only play DVDs belonging to your region only but what if you want to play DVDs of different countries.Here are some of the ways –
- For this you have to first make your DVD as “Region free”.
- You can also opt for multi region DVD.In this case, install second DVD drive by configuring to other region code.Now,you can watch region 1 DVD on first drive while region 2 DVD on other drive.
- DVD unlock codes can be used to make DVD region free.
- Also, different DVD freewares and unlocking softwares are available.
DVD Region freeware
DVD freewares are the simple, easy to use softwares that enables you to play DVDs from any corner of the world on you PC without having to change the region of your windows or the region of your DVD players.DVD Region Killer is one of the kind of software.