Conclusion On Drive motherboard - New Motherboards can be used in combination with old hard drives but before doing this you have to make certain changes in your system configuartion.
I have recently purchased HP desktop with Intel motherboard installed inside it.Also, I have an old Samsung hard disk.I wanted to know if my new motherboard will going to work fine this old hard drive ? What changes I need to make in my system ?
Hard Drive motherboard
Here are some of the types of hard drives of motherboard which you can use as per your requirement.
Old hard drives
- Old hard disks can either be recycled or can be used with new motherboards.
- In the recycling process, old hard drives are transformed to higher capacity models.
- These old drives can be used for back up of softwares,extra data storage and transferring files etc.
- Old drives can be kept safely by encasing it inside a metal enclosure.
- Enclosure is a metal case that protects your internal drive from moisture and provides it a USB interface.
- Enclosures come in 2 flavours – IDE and SATA.
New hard drives
- New hard drives are particular ly suitable for storage like external hard disks while in future it can be used in set top boxes, HDTVs, notebooks and desktops.
- Newer drives like Samsung’s 1TB Spin point internal drive, are coming with advanced features like less power consumption and enhanced read/write performance.
- These drives have higher shock resistance.
- Only problem with them is that, they are a bit larger than traditional drives due to which they can be only be fitted inside few laptops.
- If your sound or display card is not working properly then you need to change certain components particular ly motherboard or processor.
- You can easily afford to purchase either a new motherboard or a second hand motherboard.
- Old motherboards are available in price range of $20-$25.
- Modern motherboard manufacturers are – GigaByte Technology, ASUSTek, Intel, Soltek USA.
- If you are having problems in your audio drivers then replacing a motherboard can be a good option.
- New motherboards come in a range of $70 to $300.
- Make sure that all the power connectors and cables are properly connected while older cables are properly disconnected.
- Always, reboot your computer after new motherboard has been installed so that the changes can take effect.