Conclusion On Slow internet connection - Slow internet connection is a great hassle to overcome with.Let’s have a look at an article below showing reasons for slow internet & the ways for troubleshooting them.
My internet is giving very slow downloading speed between 400 to 600 Kbps.It is also showing latency period of 3500 ms.I discussed this with my ISP but the problem is still intact.What to do to troubleshoot this problem?
Why my “internet connection is slow”?
- May be possible your system is not having proper antivirus software installed.Software may contain some virus or spyware sending some spam patches that is making your internet connection slow.
- May be you are doing some additional activities on your system while accessing internet.
- May be the DSL modem you are using is corrupted.Slow internet connection is a sign of replacing a modem.
- May be the poor quality of wires used in telephone lines is making your internet slow.
- May be some problem lies with your network card.
How to “improve slow internet connection”?
- Try to install good antivirus software by downloading it from the internet.This will fasten your internet connection.
- Close off all the additional tasks which you have been doing while using an internet.
- Replacing the DSL modem can be a good fix in improvising your connection.
- Try to replace the poor quality of wires used in your phone lines by contacting your ISP.
How to “optimize slow internet connection”?
- Always remember to install & use some reliable antivirus that left not a single trace of viruse & spams.
- May be there is some difference in the speed that your Internet Service Provider is providing & the speed you are getting.Double check the speed you are getting from your ISP.
- First unplug all the cables connecting routers, switches & ethernet card (Network Interface Card).Then plug the cables again to fix a problem.
- Keep on check at the connection speed you are getting at different times of day.
How to fix “slow internet connection”?
Here are some of the ways by which you can fix slow internet connection problem
- May be the antivirus you are using is not updated or is not strong enough to catch spywares.Download antivirus that is sharp enough to catch & heal viruses.
- If the quality of wires provided by your telephone company is not good then you have a good reason to blame them.
- If your phone line is the culprit then simply the statistics of your DSL modem & router can give the required data.These statistics are line attenuation, output power, SNR margin & sync speed.
- Spyware is a biggest enemy to your slow internet.To check this, type in the command prompt “netstat –b –f 5″.You can easily notice any program silently running as a daemon (background process).Simply,end that program using “Task manager”.
“Slow internet connection” response
Following reasons are possible for slow internet response – windows cache,ISP speed,Line quality,modem speed & security softwares.
- One reason can be, you are accessing internet & downloading files during peak hours.
- Try to check if you are getting slow response while accessing particular sites only.This is related with the problem in DNS(Domain Name Server ) adddress.
- If you are using internet connection on WI-FI then this may be creating trouble for you since you are far away from the wireless router.
- May be you are using some applications while accessing internet that are consuming CPU heavily.
Increase speed of “slow internet connection”
Below given are the ways by which you can tweak your system & get the desired results what your broadband has to offer.
- Remove the router & connect the ADSL modem directly with the ethernet port.You will see the increase in the slow response of internet.
- Try to change the Domain Name Server’s address (DNS address) as this might increase the speed of slow internet.
- If you are using internet using USB then try using it with the Ethernet card.
- Run some speedtest check to know the speed of your connection.Don’t rely on tests provided by your ISP.Visit some good speed test providing websites.
Incoming search terms:
- internet connection
- internet Service