Conclusion On Internet connection slow down - There may be several possible reasons for slow down of internet connection when it is expected to run in an appropriate speed.
I often get strucked by the poor speed of my internet connection. The download speed shown is 921.6 kbps which is satisfactory for me but I am annoyed for the too long latency period as sometime it shows about 3800 minutes. I discussed with my Internet Service Provider but they are assuming this as a normal speed. I don’t ave any reason to believe their assurance. Can I get the solution of my problem?
If you are suspecting the service of your ISP it is not completely wrong because the latency period being taken for response is really untolerable. While the slowing down of internet connection might have been affiliated with so many reasons-
- ISP traffic - Although if your DSL connection with your ISP is providing you an appreciable service still you can be aggregated with others due to ISP traffic, This causes the declining speed of your internet connection.
- Poor DSL modem – Often the used up and exploited DSL modem give the indication of ‘need to be replaced; by influencing the speed of your internet connection.
- Traffic on otherside – You should also check out whether the problem you are facing is for across the entire internet connection or just for a particular website. If this happens just with any particular site, it means the site is having traffic and your problem will have limitation with that website only.
- Quality of phoneline – You also need to checkout whether your phoneline is providing you clear signals. It might happen that your problem lies on the poor quality of phonelines.
- Activity in computer – Probably youy might doing some additional activities in your system during internet connection. This activies may interrupt with the speed of internet connection occassionally if they are affiliated to internet.
- Your network card – This idea really works to detect the actual problem that you should disconnect every device with your computer just leave with one computer to your connection and check out for the varied result in case you uses other computer.
As I told you so many reasons for where the problem can be suspected to origin but still you can’t get the hint that which of the above reason is working behind your problem. Your ISP can help you to detect the flaw or you can also contact to your telephone company which provide you physical connection. As I was facing the same problem my ISP helped me to discover that my DSL modem was not supporting me and needed replacement.