Conclusion On Windows network card - It is really a surprising fact that windows xp is not finding the network card automatically.
I was eager to install a network card in my computer system to enjoy it’s service. To fulfil my wish, I buy a new network card and installed it into the PCI slot 5 of my system. I was upset by seeing that windows xp is not finding it. I was later surprised when I saw the card was lighting up, it means the card was working perfectly. Why my windows is not accepting or getting the card?
It’s really shocking that the network card is lighting and windows is not getting the network card but it is not so serious matter. You only need to follow some instructions given below in this kind of case. It doesnt matter here that which version of windows you are running to follow the instructions but in your case you are running windows xp it is expected to find the card automatically.While different version of windows might have different way for installation of network cards in orde to allow windows to find the network card. Still you should try following steps-
- First you should replace the card and re-install it. This is possible that installation of the network card got disturbed or interrupted anyway.Re-installation of network card will help to get rid of any irregularity in previious installation.
- You also need to read the manufacturer’s manual. Check in the manual whether it require to install any driver or software before installing the network card to allow windows find the network card.
- Try adding any hardware wizard which might help you to understand the matter such as if it is suggesting auto-detection.
- If still the problem remains try the card to install in any other slot of your computer.
- To have contact with the manufacturer of the network card is the best option if you become tired of trying every possible solution.
Well, once I too was strucked by this problem. Then I contact to the manufacturer of the network card. I later came to know that I needed to install a software for that network card to be found by windows.
Incoming search terms:
- @aol @comcast @hotmail @gmail @yahoo@live@ymail