Conclusion On Computer Monitor - TV screens can be used as a second monitor for your computer system.But, if you are not connecting your system to a digital TV, then the quality of video, image or graphics will be crude.
I have a HP desktop having Windows Vista installed.I wanted to connect it to my TV, so that I can see all my work and videos on TV.TV will act as a second monitor while computer screen will be the primary one.How can I connect it ? Is there any difference in the graphics quality of TV and computer ?
TV second computer monitor
- You can connect your computer to a digital TV or HDTV easily without any hassle.
- But if you are trying to connect to a regular non-flat TV then, there you must take care of certain things – particular ly resolution of PC and TV.
- There is a difference between the resolution at which computer monitor runs and the one at which the television runs.
- Regular TV monitor has 640×480 resolution while computer screen has resolution of 800×600 since many Video cards don’t go down to 640×480.
- Modern computers supports resolution of 1024×768 at minimum.
Connecting a PC to TV
It consists of following –
- First step is to identify input components of your system.They are cable box, RCA (red,yellow,white) composite input and S-video connector.Some newer TVs like HDTVs consists of VGA or DMI input.
- Next step is to identify output computer outputs.Most prevalently outputs used are S-video and VGA.New multimedia computers use high definition outputs like the one used in HDTVs.
- Now, try to identify the connectors for your connection.
- Computer to TV connection has VGA adapter on one side while selection of connectors on the other side.
- Now, connect the computer to your TV.Use VGA to component cable or VGA to S-video cable for HDTV connection.Else use S-video to component cable for connecting analog TV.
Multi screen monitors
- Multiscreen monitor is the use of multiple display devices such as monitors, television and projectors etc to enhance the area for running programs and applications on a single computer system.
- They are also called multi-display, Multi-Head, Dual-Display, and Dual-Monitor.
- This is the best step to increase productivity of any system.
- Windows, Mac OS and X Window System supports simultaneuos use of multiple displays.
Multi monitor Video card
- 2D and 3D multi monitor users use multi monitor video card.
- Desktop publishers, finance institutions and CAD users use multi monitor technology.
- Most commonly used multi display video cards are manufactured by 9X Media, Colorgraphic, Matrox and NVIDIA.
- These cards are compatible with Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, NT, Mac, Unix, and Linux operating systems.