Conclusion On USB Drives - USB Flash drives are the small storage devices using USB storage standard popular in many operating systems like Windows, Mac Os, Linux and Unix.
I have been using One pendrive since 3 years.I use it intensively for 8-10 times a day for reading as well as writing database applications.I wanted to know is there any possibility of USB flash drive wearing out after 3 years ? What do you recommend me for this ?
- USB memory is a kind of flash memory used for storing data, and is integrated with 2.0 USB interface.
- It is removable and rewritable device and is physically than a floppy disk.
- It weighs less than 20 gm.
- It can be written certain number of times.Some manufacturers allows it to be rewritten/erased 1 millon times.
Thumb USB drives
- Flash drives contains small printed circuit board carrying circuitary and a USB connector.
- Thumb drives can be easily connected to a USB port of your computer.
- They have a feature called “hot swap” which means there is no need to restart computer for accessing thumb drive, once you have plug it in a computer.
- Flash memory works on the principle of flashing.The contents are first written to memory, after that memory flashes.It means a special signal is sent to a memory telling it “remember the contents”.
USB Flash drives
- USB drives provide for faster data transfer and are available in various higher capacities.Capacities are 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, 12 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB.Latest available capacity is 256 GB.
- Reading on a flash USB drive is quite easy while this is not same with writing.It can data store upto 10 years before changing it..
- These drives are pron to security threats.Viruses, trojan horse can easily effect the data inside it.
- To avoid this don’t ever connect your USB drive to any computer of a internet cafe.Always keep it for your home use.
Flash Thumb drives
- Flash drives are stable, durable and handy devices used for long time storage of files, applications, pictures and videos.
- They can easily be purchased at an affordable rate of US $20 – $250.
- These drives derive their power capacity from the USB connection with no requirement of a battery.
- Most popular thumb drives manufacturers are Kingston, LG and Swivel.
Incoming search terms:
- thumb drive
- usb drive
- computer usb