Conclusion on Hide Drive - You can hide or make invisible your computer’s hard drives in windows 7, it is a easy step to do and it can hide your unnecessary drives.
You can make as much as drives you want in windows 7, and after some time it will hard to manage all the drives you have in your computer. You don’t want that someone open your computer and delete some files of your important drives. I am now telling the way from which you can hide your drives in windows 7.
Steps to hide your drives of computer in windows 7 -
- Go to Run option by pressing the Windows logo Key and “R” key.
- And in run textbox type “gpedit.msc”.
- This will open a new pop up windows of “Local group policy editor”.
- Now in a new pop up window go to “Administrative Templates” of User confuguration.
- Now go to “Windows Component” and there you will see option “windows explorer”.
- Now in Windows Explorer Search for the option “Hide these specified drives in my computer”.
- When you select this hide drive option a new pop up window will open.
- And you have to select the specific drive you want to hide.
Using those steps not only in windows 7 but in vista and windows xp too, you can hide your drives of computer. For making visible your drive just Select not configured option in “Hide these specified drives in my computer”.